Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Balancing Act

How does one balance training and household-keeping and work and family??? I asked this question on the Facebook page Eventing for Adult Amateurs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aaeventers/347220642102796/?notif_t=group_comment . The answer was simple. Get up earlier. Go to bed later. And no one wins ribbons for a clean house! So here's what I have to do... I have to choose between sleep, sweet sleep and riding. At least 4 or 5 days out of 7 I need to pick riding. Sure, I haven't gotten to even one event this year, but that doesn't mean I should stop training with Twister. Not to mention that riding keeps me sane. And trust me, you want me sane! I will have to spend less time on Facebook and maybe less time with my nose in a book. I will get up super early to ride before work or ride after dark, either time by lamp light. Pretty soon I will only have 1 TB baby to work with. So him and Twister, I can handle that. Then weekends and evenings I have to help at the new restaurant my boyfriend and sister opened, at least for a while and during busy times. And I will have to keep myself disciplined and focused. If I want to ride, I have to make it happen, any time I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment