Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Back at it

SJ and I are finally healthy and I've started Curtis back into work. He's so happy. He really isn't a horse that likes to do nothing day after day. I do think some time off did him good because he put some weight on and has a new burst of energy. Which is great until I take him somewhere....


Yesterday we went to T's and he was strong and playful but making sure everyone knew how fancy he is. We had a couple of spooks just because stupidass and repeatedly kept looking at the standards T was trying to put away. But he felt fantastic.


Also I have a new saddle. It's shorter in his back which I think should make him happier but mainly it's a saddle that fits me better. And I'm probably preaching to the choir but having a saddle that fits you so that you're not fighting your body to stay upright or keep your legs back or keep your pelvic where it belongs is incredibly helpful. No it's not magic and I will always have a ton of work to do on my eq. But I feel more secure and I'm not fighting the saddle. It's another wintec, this time an Isabel. And I need a smaller gullet for Curtis but really it fits him pretty well because he's beefed up so much this summer.



There is a mini show every Wednesday at Masterson and I am planning on riding Intro B on the 28th. And then a lesson with Carrie soon after. And I'd love to ride another test in the fall but the shows are either too big or too far. So we may be out of shows  for the year...

Napping at T's after our ride
My wintec pro 18" is for sale if anyone is looking. $400 shipped.


1 comment: