1. What is your biggest source of caffeine that gets you through the day?
I have half a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes I drink and iced coffee later in the day. Can't drink too much caffeine because I'm nursing.
2. Do you honestly think your trainer is the best trainer for you?
Yes. I haven't ridden with Silke since..... this time last year! Holy cow. But yes I love her and can't wait until I can ride with her again.
3. One token of advice a fellow rider/trainer/horse person told you that you still remember to this day.
Wow this is a hard one...... I'm going to just pick one!
I have always been told to smile. Because it makes your whole body relax. I have to remind myself of this often.
4. If riding meant costing your family so much money that they'd basically be on the poverty line, or making your family terribly unhappy, would you still do it?
My person is a rider. My mom is a horse lover and used to ride. And I hope my daughter becomes a rider too. I don't even care what she does as long as she loves being in the saddle. When my dad gave me crap about riding and how much money I was wasting and how I could get hurt (I got double barreled in the liver when I was 18 and trying to turn a crazy ass warmblood baby out) I told him I didn't care at least I'd be happy. So basically I just beat around the bush, draw your own conclusions lol
5. Would you ride pregnant?
I did!!! I said I would ride until my water broke lol but when I rode 6 months pregnant I was incredibly uncomfortable because little girl was grinding her head on my pelvis so I didn't ride anymore after that.
6. How do you tell when a horse likes someone/has bonded with you or someone else?
If it's you and the horse, you can feel it. You just know when you click. It doesn't mean it will be rainbows and unicorns every day, every ride. But you just have an understanding and enjoy time together even when you want to kill each other. Much like finding your soulmate. If it's someone else and a horse, you can see it. This question makes me think of my person and Fatass. They had an awesome bond. Always goofing off together.
|He never wears a helmet at home.... smh|
7. Are horses capable of loving, in your opinion?
8. If you could have one horse from your past come back for 5 minutes, who would it be, why, and what would you do with them in those 5 minutes?
Oh tough one. I miss Stewart. But he is well loved and well cared for even though I will likely never see him again. I miss Fatass too. If I had 5 more minutes with him I'd tell him I loved him and scratch his face and ears. He loved that.
9. Should a trainer also be a friend, or should it be a student/teacher relationship?
It can be both. I love Linda as a mentor, trainer and friend. I like to think of Silke the same way.
10. One piece of advice/training you were given by a trainer or mentor that you look back on now and view it as incorrect?
Oh jeesh. I have learned dressage from 3 different women. All excellent riders and horsewomen. One of them said when I half halt to hold the outside rein steady and jiggle or even tug on the inside until I got the soft pole and bend. I would have to say this isn't a very good way to achieve that. I prefer another way I was taught of even contact and pushing the horse forward into the hands and using my seat to half halt until he softens and bends. This has worked so much better with Twister anyways. Maybe one of these days I'll try it out on Rascal too!
|future dressage horse?? (don't tell my person!!)|
I like the smiling advice! That first pic is sooo awesome :)ReplyDelete
So glad you're blogging more again (even if I'm terribly far behind haha)! I kinda love the belly pic as your answer to #6 too lolReplyDelete