Monday, September 24, 2018

I Hate Rain

I like rain. But not when it rains for days without giving the ground a chance to dry off. I mean seriously. It WILL. NOT. STOP. :(

My tack room is just about finished....finally....  just needs a door so I can put Pedro in there and adopt him a little sister. Shhhhhh..... my person doesn't know I'm going to just show up with another kitty one day. If he did he'd never put a door on it haha


owns 3 horses......

I gave Curtis 5 days off last week. They were well-deserved. He's been working his butt off  all summer with only a day or 2 off a week. But then we only had 2 days of work and now we are on day 3 off again with no end in sight to the rain. It makes me nervous we won't make our dressage show. Because even though it's 5 weeks away, I can't even do Intro tests unless I've been schooling constantly....

However, even after 5 days off, Curtis was perfect when I got back on. Getting that left lead most of the time, or switching to it after half a circle. He was all in workity mode. 5 days off did make him a bit less stretchy though. He gets stuck on that left side and works out of it with daily work and stretchies.

We might ride at Masterson in October just for an outing while our riding buddy schools xc. I just want him to get a look at a show dressage ring and go through water and practice being calm and cool while other horses are doing their own thing. But only if the freaking rain stops long enough for my "arena" to dry out and give me some riding days. I'm not taking a fresh rank horse on adventures......

Though they have been keeping themselves a bit fit the last couple days.....

Look at that fat appy go lmao

1 comment: